[squid-users] How to prevent Squid to use more and more HD space in virtualbox

Graminsta marcelorodrigo at graminsta.com.br
Fri Nov 19 19:45:46 UTC 2021

Thanks so much for the answers to my queries about squid.

I have a problem with the continuous increase in disk space usage on linux
where squid is hosted. Even having turned off the cache ("#cache_dir ufs
/var/spool/squid/ 1000 16 256").

I have to keep recreating virtualbox instances and deleting the old ones
frequently.

VMs starts at 7gb and in a few weeks grows to 10...20...30Gb.

Why does Squid need so much growing hard drive space and how to prevent it?

Marcelo