[squid-users] Squid 5.2 unstable in production mode

Flashdown flashdown at data-core.org
Thu Nov 11 19:58:03 UTC 2021

Hi David,

well I am curious, where did you set the max filedescriptors? Only in
the OS configuration? If so, you also need to define it in the
squid.conf as well ->
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v5/cfgman/max_filedescriptors.html

Regarding the memory leak, do you use an adaption service such as
c-icap?
If so, what is the result of: ss -ant | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l

May you should try to build Squid5 against Debian 11 to have the latest
version of any dependencies needed to see if the memory leak is gone or
not.

I run multiple Squid 5.2 servers on Debian 11 in production and do not
have any issues.
---
Best regards,
Enrico Heine