[squid-users] changing squid explicit mode to transparent mode

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 08:43:10 UTC 2021

Dear All,

I have the below setup running perfectly for a couple of years
Centos 8 X64squid-4.11-3

configured in explicit mode so all client machines have the proxy IP configured in their browser
Recently we have got a security cloud solution which requires the source IP of the client machine
Since I have to configure the squid in transparent mode so the client source IP is visible and as required for transparent mode config i need to change the gateway to my squid server IP .
1 ) Is there any way so that I retain the source client PC IP in the current setup ????
2 ) if only way possible is by reconfiguring  my current proxy to  transparent mode then if there is some way without changing the client pc Gateway Right Now the default gateway of the client PC is our Core switch vlan ip address.

Really appreciate your advise and help

Regards
simon