[squid-users] allow request to cloudfront after 302 redirection.

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon May 24 18:25:38 UTC 2021

On 5/24/21 5:52 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> Following up this thread I was wondering about an example how to do
> that with an external_acl helper. With ICAP I can do that easily to
> some degree. With an external_acl helper I am not sure what values to
> send.

AFAICT, the external ACL helper(s) should be sent the Location URI
values the helper(s) should cache (at response time) and the request URI
values the helper(s) should examine (at request time). More information
may be sent/cached, of course, depending on the exact decision logic.

> I would guess that the response code and response Location header
> might be the ones which should be passed to the helper?

I do not see the value in sending the response status code (because
Squid can check that itself), but the correct answer depends on the
exact decision logic.

> What do you think about the next acls, should do the trick?

> acl redirect http_status 301-308
> acl gitlab_package dstdomain package.gitlab.com

> external_acl_type openlocation children=15 %DST %SRC %<{Location} /usr/local/bin/location-openner.rb
> acl location_openner external openlocation
> http_access deny gitlab_package redirect location_openner
> http_access allow location_openner

The above sketch does not make sense to me because it uses response
information (e.g., %<h{Location}) in a request-time directive (i.e.
http_access). FWIW, I would expect something along these lines:

  http_access allow toPreviouslySeenLocation

  http_reply_access allow isRedirect storeSeenLocation
  http_reply_access allow all

... where toPreviouslySeenLocation and storeSeenLocation are external
ACLs (using one shared or two dedicated external ACL helpers).
storeSeenLocation always matches and is used for its side effect.

HTH,

Alex.