[squid-users] squid self signed cert error on some websites

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed May 19 20:25:55 UTC 2021

On 5/19/21 4:20 PM, robert k Wild wrote:

> When I don't add the website to the white list I can't view the cert

What prevents you from viewing the certificate? Can you click on the
site information icon to the left of the browser Location(?) bar when
the error is displayed? If not, perhaps you can use FireFox built-in
"Web Developer Tools" (Ctrl-Shift-I on my machine) to get to the
certificate? I am not a browser expert, but there is usually a way to
see the certificate if the browser received it.

If nothing works, can you try reproducing using curl or wget instead of
a browser?

> Or are you talking about turn the proxy off on Firefox and access the
> website normally?

That would give you the third certificate to compare.

Alex.