[squid-users] squid self signed cert error on some websites

robert k Wild robertkwild at gmail.com
Wed May 19 12:54:15 UTC 2021

hi all,

i have squid 4.15

i have imported my self signed cert on firefox and now i can access https
website (where as before i got a software is preventing this website from
opening)

but on some websites i get an error saying

secure connection failed
Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE

i attach my ssl bump conf in my squid.conf file

#SSL Bump
http_port 3128 ssl-bump cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl_cert/myCA.pem
generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB
cipher=HIGH:MEDIUM:RC4:3DES:!aNULL:!eNULL:!LOW:!MD5:!EXP:!PSK:!SRP:!DSS
sslcrtd_program /usr/local/squid/libexec/security_file_certgen -s
/var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB
acl step1 at_step SslBump1
ssl_bump peek step1
ssl_bump bump all

is there anything wrong you can see, i have tried to make a new CA but
error still occures

thanks,
rob

--