[squid-users] Probable release date for squid V5

squid3 at treenet.co.nz squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat May 15 01:06:52 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-14 21:45, nikhil deshpande wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am Nikhil from India. We use squid in our project. Currently, we can
> see squid version 5 release is in beta as per this link
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/.
> I wanted to ask what is the probable timeline for Squid version 5
> stable release?

Normally I would be able to estimate a rough month. However the past
year has seen the core developers all have workload commitments that
delay things. So right now I am reluctant to even guess at a date.

What I can say is that there are 4 bugs that need fixing. One is nearly
done now, but the rest still need investigating to find the actual
problem.