[squid-users] HTTPS request times out going through Squid proxy

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu May 13 08:04:56 UTC 2021

On 12.05.21 23:22, Aniruddha Gore wrote:
> Pinging the thread again since I think mine is a straightforward set-up.
> Just wondering if I need to setup the config a certain way to start
> supporting HTTPS calls.

https requests through squid just work as CONNECT requests where squid just
passes the request to destination server, doing nothing with that.

>  They work if squid is running on the same
> machine, but I start seeing problems if squid is running on another
> machine and I use webproxy on HTTP requests.

webproxy? Doesn't your software connect directly to squid?

there should be no difference if your client software connects to squid on
your or other machine, unless there's anything in between that tries to
intercept those connections.
Such interception could explain your problems.

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.