[squid-users] HTTPS request times out going through Squid proxy

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon May 10 08:39:35 UTC 2021

On 10.05.21 07:52, Aniruddha Gore wrote:
>Any help I could use?  :) The gist is: I have squid running on machine A,
> and an app on machine B.  The app sets proxy (A's ip address and squid
> port #) when making HTTP requests but the requests are failing.

>When I run Squid on the same machine where my application is running it
> works fine, but when I run Squid with the same exact default config on a
> different machine it doesn't.  I supply other machine's IP address and
> port (3128) on command line to my app, and it simply takes it and sets web
> proxy property on CPPRest SDK's http_config object.

>The access.log file has many lines like the following:
>1620409014.520  42289 <ip adress> TAG_NONE/500 0 CONNECT <uri>:443 - HIER_DIRECT/13.107.246.70 -

looks like the application correctly asks SQUID for CONNECT but something
happens after that.
Is there anything in cache.log for that time?

>When capturing network calls via Wireshark (on this other machine where
> Squid is running), the CONNECT call succeeds but the following TCP call
> seems to fail with a RESET status (Wireshark is highlighting it in
> Yellow).  Here's the frame if I am doing it right:

well, the CONNECT is send, but later squid replies with 500 internal error

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#Squid_result_codes

the wireshark details don't show any message from squid. Maybe there is
none.
"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler