[squid-users] kswapd0 and memory usage

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 16:22:44 UTC 2021

 On Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 8:01:30 AM GMT+2, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

>> If this were to happen again (not sure when or if) what should I try to search for?
>
> Output of the "squidclient mgr:mem", "top" and "ps waux" commands would
> be good.
>
> Those will show how Squid is using the memory it has, what processes are
> using the most memory, and what processes are running. Most memory
> issues can be triaged with that info.

Will do, thanks. I have a script that tries to "predict" when these problems are about to happen. It runs something like
timeout 30 squidclient mgr:info
and if it actually times out then it restarts both squid and c-icap.
So I'm afraid I might not get anything out of "squidclient mgr:mem", but I will run top -b -n 1 and ps waux.

Thanks,

Vieri