[squid-users] Forcing authentication on specific websites (forwarding)

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Mar 12 18:50:31 UTC 2021

On 3/12/21 12:17 PM, Joshua Rogers wrote:

> I am hoping to allow access to all websites through squid except certain
> websites. Sites which are not allowed will require authentication.
>
> I tried this configuration:
> http_access allow all

Game over. The order of http_access rules matters. The first matching
rule wins. An always-matching "all" rule renders any further http_access
rules useless.

I have not tested this, but I would start with something like this:

    http_access allow google google_users
    http_access deny google
    http_access allow all

Alex.