[squid-users] Icap preview size

Niels Hofmans hello at ironpeak.be
Fri Mar 5 07:55:54 UTC 2021

Hi guys,

One more: I believe ICAP is not respecting the Preview header for REQMOD nor RESPMOD.

For the REQMOD OPTIONS requests, I respond with:

ICAP/1.0 200 OK
Allow: 200,204
Connection: close
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 07:34:56 GMT
Encapsulated: null-body=0
Methods: REQMOD
Preview: 64000

However in my ICAP service, I often receive a request body over 64000 bytes, e.g. 1000000 request bytes.

I also noticed that a "Preview: 0” will not have any effect and the ICAP service will still receive a complete HTTP REQMOD+REQRESP body.
Any idea if I’m doing something wrong here?

icap_enable on
icap_connect_timeout 1 second
icap_service_failure_limit -1
icap_send_client_ip    on
icap_preview_size 0
icap_persistent_connections on
icap_service service_req reqmod_precache bypass=0 icap://172.17.0.2:1344/request
icap_service service_res respmod_precache bypass=0 icap://172.17.0.2:1344/response
icap_preview_enable on
adaptation_access service_req allow all
adaptation_access service_res allow all

Man thanks.