[squid-users] Error negotiating SSL connection on FD 366 - cache.log

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jun 30 16:09:10 UTC 2021

On 6/30/21 11:48 AM, robert k Wild wrote:

> How do I enable all 9 debugging to find out what client ip it is thats
> sending all these tls errors.

0. Start Squid if necessary.

1. Locate your Squid log file or equivalent. In this example, we will
call it cache.log.

2. Run "tail -f cache.log > partial-cache.log" in background or another
terminal. This will start appending new debugging to the
partial-cache.log file.

3. Run "squid -k debug" to enable ALL,9 debugging.

4. Wait a few seconds.

5. Run "squid -k debug" to disable ALL,9 debugging.

6. Kill the "tail" command in step 2.

7. Check that partial-cache.log contains at least one "Error negotiating
SSL connection" entry. If not, go to step 2 and repeat. Perhaps give
Squid a few extra seconds this time.

8. Analyze the resulting partial-cache.log (or share it with those who
are willing to analyze it for you, compressing it if needed). Please
note that this debugging log may contain sensitive information such as
user names and passwords.

HTH,

Alex.