[squid-users] Squid Name Resolution Question

Garbacik, Joe Joseph.Garbacik at netapp.com
Wed Jun 23 13:02:25 UTC 2021

I noticed that my squid server queries every second for the same destination (because we have a clients requiring access to this destination). My squid server does not have the negative_dns_ttl nor the positive_dns_ttl values set so I would expect that they are using the defaults. The destination has a 5 second TTL in DNS. My question is this, why does it still query so often if it should at least have the answer for five seconds?