[squid-users] Newbie question, How to fully disable/disallow https?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Jun 22 21:13:19 UTC 2021

On Tuesday 22 June 2021 at 23:05:20, Arctic5824 wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 at 1:56 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > Please do not test and report problems with one configuration, and then
> > tell us you have a different one.
>
> Sorry, I shouldnt have done that.
> my config(but the only change is allowing all instead of localhost):
> https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/e660bab698224e1aa1fd320b1bf22081

So, as Alex already said, the lines:

http_access allow all
http_access deny CONNECT

mean that anyone, from anyway, can connect.  That's it.

I recommend you turn this off now and hope your ISP doesn't block you for
running an open proxy.

> here is a snippet (as the file is very large due,i can send full if you
> would like) of the acces log when I was doing testing:
> https://termbin.com/vj7t

No, please send us *only* the lines relating to a _single_ request which you
think should have been blocked.

> the ip i tested from was 73.189.239.235

What!?

That is not even one of your listed IP addresses.

Are you *really* running an open proxy on the Internet!?

Please turn it off _now_ until you understand the advice Alex and I are giving
you, and you understand the default settings in the standard Squid
configuration file, some of which you have changed.

Antony.

--
The Magic Words are Squeamish Ossifrage.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.