[squid-users] Newbie question, How to fully disable/disallow https?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Jun 22 20:59:51 UTC 2021

On Tuesday 22 June 2021 at 22:54:42, Arctic5824 wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 at 1:44 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > #http_access deny !Safe_ports
> >
> > Has that been consciously and deliberately commented-out?
> >
> > #http_access allow localnet
> >
> > http_access allow localhost
> >
> > Is that a typo? Did you mean to allow access from your local networks,
> > rather than just from localhost?
> >
> > #http_access deny all
> >
> > Has that been consciously and deliberately commented-out?
>
> Hey, all of those where deliberately done, although I have only been using
> this program for a short amount of time, so they might be incorrect/dumb,
> I am not sure,

I would strongly advise *against* commenting out:

http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny all

Also, since you do not have (at least in the configuration file you showed us)

http_access allow localnet

I do not see how you expect any machine other than the one Squid is running on
to be able to connect.

However, as in my last posting, please show us the configuration you are
actually using to carry out these tests.

Antony.

--
People say that nothing is impossible, so I try to do the impossible every
day.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.