[squid-users] cacheProtoClientHttpRequests OID

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jun 21 17:56:12 UTC 2021

On 6/21/21 8:18 AM, Moti Berger wrote:

> Can we be sure the OID cacheProtoClientHttpRequests really counts the
> HTTP requests received by Squid (v4.15)?

In _addition_ to what Amos has said: AFAICT, that counter counts
completed or finished more-or-less well-formed HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP
transactions that are not excluded by the stats_collection directive. If
you use SslBump, keep in mind that some SslBump steps are treated as
transactions.

Very roughly speaking, in most configurations, that counter is
incremented once whenever Squid adds a line to access.log.

HTH,

Alex.
P.S. The OID documentation at https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Snmp
lies about "received". It is more like "serviced", "completed", etc.