[squid-users] Squid ERR_CONNECT_FAIL SYSERR=110

Garbacik, Joe Joseph.Garbacik at netapp.com
Tue Jun 15 17:57:04 UTC 2021

I am seeing this occasionally in my squid logs and am little confused because I don't know how to troubleshoot this one. I normally see in the squid logs the destination IP address as dst_ip in my custom logs but in these cases, the field is blank. I'd expect the destination IP to be blank when it encounters a DNS Failure but then the Squid message is ERR_DNS_FAIL not ERR_CONNECT_FAIL. Here is part of an log example:

... ** Flow2** squid_egress_ip=- squid_egress_port=- dst_ip=- dst_host=- dst_port=- request_method=CONNECT request="CONNECT foo.com:443 HTTP/1.1" status_code_from_server=503 total_response_time=59480 ...