[squid-users] Squid spliced TLS handshake failing with chrome/ium fallback for certain servers

Andreas Weigel andreas.weigel at securepoint.de
Thu Jun 10 15:00:01 UTC 2021

Hi Alex,

> I can only suggest to either fix the Squid bug/limitation or decide to
> splice during step1 (based on client SNI, etc., before Squid talks to
> the origin server).

don't know why I haven't yet had the idea, but indeed, if I force
splicing at step 1 or even 2, the site loads without error. This is
not exaclty a solution, but at least something to work with. Thanks!

I think I will have a look at the squid sources to see if I can put my
finger on the reason for this behavior. Any pointers are very welcome,
it has been some time since I meddled with squid.

Andreas