[squid-users] custom DNS resolver scripts? (was: Re: Is it possible to force some dstdomain to ipv4) protocol without define an outgoing ip address ?

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 22:16:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 12:05:40PM -0400, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Not that I know of. You can implement this logic inside a custom DNS
> resolver script, or you can reconfigure Squid whenever your outgoing
> addresses change, but I understand that you are looking for a better
> solution.

What are the current recommendations for custom DNS resolver scripts?
I've not upgraded squid ever since the custom-dns-program option was
discontinued. I'd be very interested in knowing what replaced it since
I do want to switch to a current, supported version.

Thanks in advance,

--
Ambrose Li <ambrose.li at gmail.com> | Time zone: GMT-4 (Eastern)
ambroseli.ca

“We need to put ourselves into positions where we are comfortable for
 being uncomfortable” — Gaby Brink [AIGA Gain, 2012]