[squid-users] TCP Connection to parent failed

Frank Schichterich chogger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:43:21 UTC 2021

Hello Squid users,

i am running multiple squid servers in our company. We have around 5k
current connections per proxy during work hours.
I recently switched two Server from Squid 3.5.28 to Squid 4.15.

The moment i did this my cache.log got filled with "TCP connection to
parent-proxy.de/80 failed" entries. Approximately 50 entries per hour. But
the proxy seems to run normally.
The proxies running with version 3.5.28 dont show any tcp connection errors
(to the exact same parent proxy).

I don't have any information about the parent proxies. They are part of our
"provider".

Is there anything i can do / change?

Greetings Frank