[squid-users] Cache Peer Issue with URL

koshik moshik koshikmoshik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:19:36 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am running into an issue and would really appreciate your help!

Basically I have created two cashe peers:

never_direct allow all
acl ab1 dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/Bad_Homepages.squid" cache_peer
my.proxy.com parent 31112 0 login=user:pw no-query name=user
cache_peer_access user allow ab1 cache_peer_access user deny all acl ab2
proxy_auth userName1 cache_peer myProxy parent 31112 0 login=user:pw
no-query name=user2 cache_peer_access user2 allow ab2 cache_peer_access
user2 deny all

As you can see, I have a Bad_homepages.squid file which contains regular
expressions for a website, so this cache_peer will only be used, if the
HOMEPAGE is requested. If a sub page is requested, the second
cache_peer(acl ab2) should be used.

Example: www.test.com -> ab1 should be used
www.test.com/hello -> ab2 should be used.

The regex in the Bad_Homepages.squid file is following:
.whatismyip.com($|/$|/?)

So, after running and testing, my squid configuration does not work. When
visiting the homepage and afterwards a sub page, there is no change in
terms of the IP.

Thank you