[squid-users] ICAP latency information, Bench-marking

squid3 at treenet.co.nz squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jul 27 10:53:35 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-27 21:27, Jason Spashett wrote:
> If you look at the squid logformat page you can find various
> additional logging options available to start with, such as ICAP
> processing time. This is a good place to start if you are not using a
> custom format already:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/
>
> .e.g.
> squid_status=NONE_NONE:HIER_NONE time_response=7
> time_icap_processing=6  tls_max=TLS/1.3 tls=TLS/1.3

Indeed. access_log directive format gives access to the metrics about
the HTTP transactions.

There is also a specific icap_log directive for recording metrics of the
ICAP service transactions.

Between those two directives and choice of the metrics you want to see
you can discover most things about Squid vs external latency.

Amos