[squid-users] Proxy Authentication optional

Dieter Bloms squid.org at bloms.de
Sat Jul 24 07:23:52 UTC 2021

Hello,

I want to implement user authentication (kerberos) on an already existing proxysystem without user authenticaion.
But I know that there are clients, which can't do any authentication.

So is it possible to configure squid, that it ask for proxy
authentication credentials, but if the client can't authenticate skip
this acl and go on with the next acls ?

I tried something like this, but without success:

--snip--
# kerberos authentication
auth_param negotiate program /usr/sbin/negotiate_kerberos_auth -s HTTP/www-proxy.mydomain -k /etc/squid/HTTP.keytab
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on
acl kerberosauth proxy_auth REQUIRED

acl noauth_port localport 8880

acl give_access any-of kerberosauth noauth_port
http_access allow give_access
--snip--

--
Regards