[squid-users] Squid domain block feature is at DNS level ?

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Tue Jul 20 13:38:24 UTC 2021

DNS over HTTPS is used for privacy and also to circumvent filters.

If one wants to filter websites, one must block /all/ filter circumvention techniques as well (or the filter is useless).

shameless plug: the URL database of URLfilterDB has a category dnsoverhttps which can be used to block DNS over HTTPS.

Marcus