[squid-users] refresh_pattern and "?"

squid3 at treenet.co.nz squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jul 15 04:59:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-15 07:48, Vincent Tamet wrote:
> You are totally right !
> The problem was on my side with the acl regular expression used to
> choose extensions to be cached:
> acl images url_regex -i
> \.(bmp|gif|ico|jpeg|jpg|png|svg|tif|tiff|webp)$
> $ was not matching for '?query-string'

For this usage my advice is to have (|\?.*)$ as the end of the pattern.
So it looks like this:

   refresh_pattern -i \.(bmp|gif|ico|jpe?g|png|tiff?|webp)(|\?.*)$

> * Your answer helps me to find my error.
> * And I am now thinking about changing the way of doing the cache
>   (a special refresh for my acls or/and a default to 0 0% 0 to use the
> TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED).

FYI: the latest Squid versions have store_miss and send_hit that may
help you out with the caching ACLs redesign. see
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache/>

> Thank you very much :)
> And sorry for the sound ! :(

Welcome. No worries. Helping is what this mailing list is for.