[squid-users] Sharing info from eCAP adapter with other adapters

squid3 at treenet.co.nz squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jul 15 04:38:25 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-15 09:11, Moti Berger wrote:

> Meaning, it indeed added the X-My-Header as ICAP header for the
> benefit of the ICAP server on the chain but it seems the value is just
> a dot.
> What am I doing wrong?

This is best asked via the libecap help channels (see below).

> BTW, I'm struggling to find a decent eCAP interface documentation.

AFAICT, That is still apparently an item on the libecap official TODO
list.

For now the best documentation I am aware of is Alex responses in the
Launchpad Answers (<https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap>) and FAQ
(<https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+faqs>).

The clearest (huh!) I've been able to find is at
<https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+question/659846>.

> Can
> you please help me understand what is the difference between 'option'
> and 'visitEachOption' methods?

To quote Alex from the LP Answers discussion:
  "One is of requesting a single known option (i.e., meta header). The
other is for iterating all options".