[squid-users] Squid "suspending ICAP service for too many failures"

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Jan 29 16:55:49 UTC 2021

On 1/27/21 6:11 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Enable ICAP debugging and study cache.log for relevant messages,
> especially just before the "suspending ICAP service" message shown above.
>
>      debug_options ALL,1 93,7

Thanks a lot.

As expected, I see Squid connections to C-ICAP starting to time out:
when the number of errors reach 10, Squid marks squidclamav service as
"suspended".

No big surprise. Still I don't get any more insight (Is C-ICAP choking?
Why? What data triggers this?).

Is it a really bad idea to raise icap_connect_timeout?
Same for disabling icap_service_failure_limit?

Other hints?

  bye & Thanks
	av.