[squid-users] Fixing Squid configuration for caching proxy?

Milos Dodic 2bearqloza at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:34:34 UTC 2021

I have redeployed everything, with most basic configuration, and use the
proposed config for ssl_bump.
The test server that goes through Squid now doesn't get tunneled, and
instead checks the cache. I get something like this
NONE/200
TCP_MISS/200

But I have noticed that the test server also doesn't cache anything, and
instead only looks at the cache.
So if I try to go for a file in S3, it says MISS, and after that, MISS
again, and I see no new objects in cache being created.
If I try the same thing from the proxy itself, I get the MISS, and the
object gets cached, as it should.
When I go back to the test server, and try again, it sees the object in
cache and returns TCP_MEM_HIT/200 instead.

Is there a specific configuration that I need to add/enable, in order to
have the server cache the objects, or am I making a mistake elsewhere
perhaps?
This is the entire config file:

visible_hostname squid
cache_dir ufs /test/cache/squid 10000 16 256

http_access allow localhost
http_access alow all

http_port 3128
http_port 3129 intercept
acl allowed_http_sites dstdomain .amazonaws.com
http_access allow allowed_http_sites

https_port 3130 cert=/etc/squid/ssl/squid.pem ssl-bump intercept
acl SSL_port port 443
http_access allow SSL_port
acl allowed_https_sites ssl::server_name .amazonaws.com

ssl_bump stare all
ssl_bump bump allowed_https_sites
ssl_bump terminate all

Thanks!