[squid-users] reply_header_access vs rep_mime_type to deny mime types

robert k Wild robertkwild at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:47:57 UTC 2021

sorry Amos, i will explain why i use the "rep_mime_type"

so when users go to a website and click on a link to download and if that
download is an .exe/.zip etc etc (on my mimedeny.txt ), squid will
stop/block the download and instead they will get an access denied error
displayed on the web page

im guessing by your reply this is not what the "reply_header_access"is used
for

rob

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 12:37, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 26/01/21 1:24 am, robert k Wild wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > just want your thoughts on what the best acl is to deny mime types
> >

> Please explain what you mean by "deny mime types" ...
>

>   Deliver the servers response but without telling the client what data
> format it is using ?
>
>   Prevent the servers response being delivered to the client ?
>

> Amos

Regards,

Robert K Wild.