[squid-users] Squid 5 service stops after assertion failure

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Jan 24 22:00:20 UTC 2021

On 25/01/21 10:42 am, Vieri wrote:

> After the assertion failure Squid tries to restart a few times (assertion failures seen again) and finally exits.
> A manual restart works, but I don't know for how long.
>
> The external script "bllookup" is probably responsible for bad output,

That is a certainty.

> but maybe Squid could handle it without crashing.

As you noticed, Squid halts service only after the helper fails 10
multiple times in a row. Before that Squid is restarting the helper to
see if it was a temporary issue.

Would you prefer Squid sucks up all the TCP/IP resources on the machine
for clients waiting on this helper to start work?

Or Squid to start mixing up the results so each client A lookup is
determining the output of some other client B's transaction?