[squid-users] sslcrtvalidator_program

Eliezer Croitoru ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:53:43 UTC 2021

Hey Alex,

I have tried to read the documentation and to compose a single certificate validation "call" or "request".
The issue with this is that I am unable to do that.
It would help a lot if a single verification request would be public and available to me and maybe others.
The example shows:
0 cert_validate 1519 host=dmz.example-domain.com
cert_0=-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIID+DCCA2GgAwIBAgIJAIDcHRUxB2O4MA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBAUAMIGvMQswCQYD
YpVJGt5CJuNfCcB/
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
error_name_0=X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT
error_cert_0=cert0

so where ix the 0x01 byte and where are the new lines?
Maybe it's written but I do not see it like in the examples of the external_acl helpres.
My assumption for now is that:
## START
0 cert_validate 1519 host=dmz.example-domain.com0x01
cert_0=-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----0x01
MIID+DCCA2GgAwIBAgIJAIDcHRUxB2O4MA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBAUAMIGvMQswCQYD0x01
YpVJGt5CJuNfCcB/0x01
-----END CERTIFICATE-----0x01
error_name_0=X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT0x01
error_cert_0=cert0\n
## END

I am pretty sure I am wrong since the helper I wrote doesn't work.

In bash I thing I can use the next echo:
echo -n -e 'test\x01'

to emulate it but I still don't get it right.

Hope for a hint about the subject.

Thanks,
Eliezer

----