[squid-users] Microsoft store issues with ssl-bump

Eliezer Croitoru ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:46:44 UTC 2021

Alex,

I am using the next stare rule:
acl tls_s1_connect at_step SslBump1
acl tls_s2_client_hello at_step SslBump2
acl tls_s3_server_hello at_step SslBump3
ssl_bump stare tls_s2_client_hello

Which I am not sure about.
For now this issue seems to be gone.
I don't know why or how but it seems that some IP rotation is happening as we speak/write.
The IP address my service was accessing is different then the one now so I think what Amos
wrote is probably the real reason, ie that the service certificate was for another service CN/DNS Name.
While it's ok for the windows client it's not OK for Squid and any other SNI based certificate validator.

Thanks Helped and Helps,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru