[squid-users] cache_peer selection based on username

roee klinger roeeklinger60 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 19:06:40 UTC 2021

Thanks, Eliezer, I was able to get it working.
Here is an example in case anybody runs into this in the future:

acl mynote1 note mykey note1
acl mynote2 note mykey note2

external_acl_type user_whitelist_external children-max=20 ttl=300 %>lp %>a
script.sh
acl whitelisted_users external user_whitelist_external
http_access allow whitelisted_users

nonhierarchical_direct off
never_direct allow all
cache_peer 192.168.8.1 parent 101 0 proxy-only default name=proxy1
cache_peer_access proxy1 allow mynote1
cache_peer_access proxy0.2 deny all
cache_peer 192.168.8.2 parent 102 0 proxy-only default name=proxy2
cache_peer_access proxy2 allow mynote2
cache_peer_access proxy0.3 deny all

Then, on the external helper, I return one of these two:

OK mykey=note1
OK mykey=note2