[squid-users] Squid 5.0.3 Cache_Peer Authentication Issue

Paul at pjb.org.uk Paul at pjb.org.uk
Fri Jan 8 17:18:07 UTC 2021

Thank you for responding.

> N.B. I assume you do not use SslBump -- the configuration snippet above
> does not show SslBump being used. SslBump does not support what you want
> per commit f5e1794 message.

I am using Ssl-bump, but on a different inbound port and it will never be for traffic heading
out to this peer.

There is an entry in my logs much earlier during the process (just before it does
peer_select) which states:
kid1| 85,5| client_side_request.cc(1444) sslBumpAccessCheck: cannot SslBump this
request

Does this use of ssl-bump at any stage preclude the use of cache_peer authentication with
CONNECT?  My http_port, various acls and ssl_bump statements are all after the config
extract shown below.

> What kind of HTTP authentication does your client/peer use/expect?

>From the successful GET connections, I can see that the peer requests both a Negotiate
and NTLM, my clients respond with a Negotiate.

regards,
Paul