[squid-users] Problem with upload size limit in squid

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Feb 25 18:03:34 UTC 2021

On 2/24/21 11:51 PM, Raj Nagar wrote:

> I am using squid as forward proxy and want to restrict upload of files
> larger than 1 MB. I have used following configuration for
> same: *request_body_max_size 1 MB*.
> But this is not working for me and I am able to upload larger files.
> Can someone please help for same. Thanks in advance

Does your Squid have access to the HTTP request information? For
example, if it is an HTTPS request, and you are not bumping the
corresponding TLS connection, then Squid would not be working at HTTP
level and, hence, would not be able to limit individual HTTP request sizes.

The corresponding access.log record may tell us more about the
problematic transaction.

HTH,