[squid-users] Squid doesn't notice AD group changes

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Feb 22 11:22:39 UTC 2021

On 22/02/21 11:41 pm, heimarbeit123.99 wrote:
> You were right! I realy don't know how I was able to miss this..
> I removed "-R" and don't get the error anymore. I did read the
> documentation again and -K and -S should be fine. -d of course too.
> But now I get the error "WARNING: LDAP search error 'Operations error'".
> I found out that many people got that because they wrote "DN" instead of
> "DC", but in my squid conf I wrote "DC".
> Maybe some syntax error?

I'm not seeing any syntax issues. Though I do not use LDAP myself and
not very familiar with its syntax requirements.

> I don't see what I am missing here,because connection is OK in cache.log.

As far as I understand there is no issues with the connection to LDAP
service. There are issues with the things it is being required to do.

Since you have used -d to enable debug, there should be some lines added
to cache.log by the helper about what it is doing and the results of
each action. If none of those lines give you a hint, please try pasting
them in a mail here and someone else might be able to spot something.