[squid-users] Port or switch level authorization

Eliezer Croitoru ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:48:06 UTC 2021

I have a Mikrotik PPPOE server and I would like to register the logged in
user on PPPOE Tunnel creation.
In the mikroitk device I have a code which can run a curl/fetch request with
the login details ie IP and username towards any server.
I was thinking about creating a PHP api that will be allowed access only
from the Mikrotik devices.
On every login the user+IP pairs will be written to a small DB.
Squid in it's turn will use an external helper to run queries against the DB
per request with small cache of 3-10 seconds.

What's the best way to pass a username so with the ip it will be logged.

Thanks,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru