[squid-users] Squid for Windows: negotiate_kerberos_auth helper seems to leak(?) handles

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Feb 2 20:02:50 UTC 2021

Hi Klaus,

   The negotiate_kerberos_auth helper is not intended to run on Windows.
How did you compile it ?

Markus

"Klaus Westkamp"  wrote in message
news:8251c91f-1b08-82f2-f6ec-46ef92fe9573 at westkamp.net...

Hi,

i digged a little further (but i'm no exert in WinDBG):

Attachimng to the process with the most handles (currently 323 shown by
Windows Process Manager, as newly started)

!handles gives me:

277 Handles (weired, shows less than process manager)
Type               Count
None               4
Event              199
Section            7
File               18
Directory          3
SymbolicLink       1
Mutant             9
Semaphore          5
Key                8
Token              2
Thread             5
IoCompletion       2
TpWorkerFactory    2
ALPC Port          5
WaitCompletionPacket    7

Asking for Handle Details:

0:003> !handle 5e8 f
Handle 5e8
   Type             Event
   Attributes       0
   GrantedAccess    0x1f0003:
          Delete,ReadControl,WriteDac,WriteOwner,Synch
          QueryState,ModifyState
   HandleCount      2
   PointerCount     32769
   Name             <none>
   Object Specific Information
     Event Type Auto Reset
     Event is Waiting

0:003> !handle 5e0 f
Handle 5e0
   Type             Event
   Attributes       0
   GrantedAccess    0x1f0003:
          Delete,ReadControl,WriteDac,WriteOwner,Synch
          QueryState,ModifyState
   HandleCount      2
   PointerCount     32769
   Name             <none>
   Object Specific Information
     Event Type Auto Reset
     Event is Waiting

0:003> !handle 374 f
Handle 374
   Type             Event
   Attributes       0
   GrantedAccess    0x1f0003:
          Delete,ReadControl,WriteDac,WriteOwner,Synch
          QueryState,ModifyState
   HandleCount      2
   PointerCount     32769
   Name             <none>
   Object Specific Information
     Event Type Auto Reset
     Event is Waiting

These events seem to increase, but only one process gets to the limit of
3x00 handles and then the other processes seem to hang ...