[squid-users] Logging in Squid external helpers in Docker?

roee klinger roeeklinger60 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 06:01:39 UTC 2021

> stdout of the helper is the channel to respond to Squid requests. Do not
> send other information there.

Helper debug info etc should go to the helper stderr which Squid will
> deliver to cache.log.

Thank you, Amos.

I am glad there is a built-in way to handle this.

However, I tried putting this inside the script:

> sys.stderr.write("test ################################################")

However, I still can not see the info in the cache log, these are my
configurations:

> cache_log stdio:/dev/stdout
> cache_store_log stdio:/dev/stdout

I even tried adding this, but still no luck:

> debug_options 82,9

I can see the rest of the cache log just fine, and stdout makes it to
its destination just fine as well.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
Roee