[squid-users] Hi, i need some help about squid for windows

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Aug 30 10:15:02 UTC 2021

On 30/08/21 9:31 pm, Momir Milekic wrote:
> We finally uninstall squid for windows 2.7 and install 4.14..
> we have no time to reedit squid.conf and i tried just to overwrite 4.14
> squid.conf with 2.7  (it worked with those settings. It had minor bugs,
> mentioned in my first message here but it worked. squid 4.14 will not
> work with this squid.config file. all clients receive the message
> "refused to connect")

What refused - Squid or the client Browser?

> my question is how to fix that without reedit whole 4.14 squid.conf?

Do you still have a copy of the old Squid-2 config file?
  You will at very least need to copy some of the details across.

> Has the syntax of the basic commands changed, perhaps the order of the
> commands that initialize the proxy?
> Basically I need a setting that no one can connect to the proxy except
> the local network inside (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255)

Edit the "acl localnet" lines in squid.conf to only contain that IP range.

> and proxy is
> their gateway.

That is a network and/or client setting. Same as was done when you used
Squid-2. It depends on your network topology/design and software used
how that is done.

> Then the internet bandwidth per client and the number of
> connections per client to be limited,

Copy the delay_* lines from your Squid-2 config file.

> the dns servers to be configured
> and the listening ports (3128 as default and 808 as aditional one).

Look for the http_port lines in squid.conf. You should find 3128 already
present. Add a line "http_port 808" there.

NP: If the 3128 line is commented out (some distributors do) that may be
the connect problem, remove the '#'.