[squid-users] Hi, i need some help about squid for windows

Momir Milekic momir at petrovacnamlavi.rs
Mon Aug 30 09:31:54 UTC 2021

We finally uninstall squid for windows 2.7 and install 4.14..
we have no time to reedit squid.conf and i tried just to overwrite 4.14
squid.conf with 2.7  (it worked with those settings. It had minor bugs,
mentioned in my first message here but it worked. squid 4.14 will not work
with this squid.config file. all clients receive the message "refused to
connect")
my question is how to fix that without reedit whole 4.14 squid.conf?

Has the syntax of the basic commands changed, perhaps the order of the
commands that initialize the proxy?
Basically I need a setting that no one can connect to the proxy except the
local network inside (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255) and proxy is their
gateway. Then the internet bandwidth per client and the number of
connections per client to be limited, the dns servers to be configured and
the listening ports (3128 as default and 808 as aditional one).

any idea or help?
thanks in advance