[squid-users] ftp_port and squidclamav

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sat Aug 28 12:36:28 UTC 2021

Hello.

I've got Squid (4.15) configured as an HTTP[s] server, with squidclamav:

> icap_enable on
> icap_send_client_ip on
> icap_preview_enable on
> icap_preview_size 1024
> icap_service service_req reqmod_precache bypass=0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/squidclamav
> adaptation_access service_req allow all
> icap_service service_resp respmod_precache bypass=0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/squidclamav
> adaptation_access service_resp allow all

Everything is fine on this side.

Now I'm trying to make it act as an FTP proxy, with:
 > ftp_port 2121

This works partially: I'm usually able to see remote directories, but
uploads will fail (timing out on the client side).

If I disable ICAP at all (comment the above lines), then the FTP proxy
works properly.

I'm failing to understand the interaction between the two: even simple
files fail to upload and I see no signs of ClamAV taking much time to
scan them.
Is this some known problem?
Any suggestion on how to gain a better understanding?

Or, is there any way I can tell Squid to avoid passing FTP traffic
(coming on port 2121) to ICAP (while of course doing that for the rest)?

  bye & Thanks
	av.