[squid-users] Hi, i need some help about squid for windows

Momir Milekic momir at petrovacnamlavi.rs
Sat Aug 28 00:12:57 UTC 2021

Hi,
Until recently I used squid proxy 2.72 32bit on windows xp machine. We
finally switched to 64-bit windows10. I copied the old squid proxy to
windows10 with saved settings (just for test, we were short with time for
new install). It basically works but there are some problems.
I wanted to install newer squid proxy version for windows even earlier, but
the lack of support for windowsxp prevented me.
In the meantime, i found the v4 version of the squid proxy for windows 10.
It taked my attention.

I learned to make the most important settings in the config file, but I
still don't know a lot.
I have some questions:
1) how do I configure forbidden access to sites (facebook, youtube) for
certain ip addresses from the LAN network? a couple of simple examples
would help?
2) proxy functions work nicely but sometimes the squid proxy "locks up" and
there is no data flow for 2-3 minutes. It usually helps to wait or restart
the service. How to prevent this? The internet link is good, probably a
problem with hidden bugs in the squid proxy or wrong settings (how to
increase stability)?
3) number of simultaneous connections per client and globally, How to set
up win10 64bit, specifically for squid proxy service? If i need to
configure the OS as well, ask me how.
4) how to turn off caching. The idea is to just redirect http traffic and
always ask/force latest version of site online? No need to make a local
copy/cache, just raw proxy between lan and ether/internet.

note: all of the above issues and issues are related to version 2.72. If
v4.14 64-bit version that I downloaded from diladele site yesterday works
better and not have problems, then great. In any case, a couple of examples
for squid.conf would help me, I would be very grateful.

That's all for the first mail, thank You all in advance ...