[squid-users] Two questions about cache for squid authentication

易铭 twgknuicfh14 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 06:25:34 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I have two questions about cache for squid authentication.

1. Can I skip authentication for a certain period of time after I've
authenticated once?

When I do the following, the authentication screen appears.

Start browser -> access site after authentication (Kerberos authentication)
-> close browser -> start another application (LDAP authentication)

So, even using Kerberos and LDAP auth at the same time, I want to skip the
authentication process by clientIPaddress, etc.

2. About authentication data passing in NTLM authentication on website.

SingleSignOn is not working for some sites with NTLM authentication.

For example, when the authentication pop-up message appears, you can enter
the auth information to access the page, but if you visit a different URL,
you will be prompted to authenticate again.

Can someone give me some advice?