[squid-users] Squid caching webpages now days?

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Tue Aug 3 11:11:30 UTC 2021

Em 01/08/2021 21:01, Amos Jeffries escreveu:
> Leonardo, it sounds like your decades ago decision was before squid
> gained full HTTP/1.1 caching ability. 1.0-only abilities are almost
> useless today.
>
> Are you at least still using memory cache? That is squid configured
> without cache_dir but also without "cache deny" rule.

     Hi Amos,

     You're spot on, I clearly remember to have decided that (to stop
caching) before full HTTP/1.1 support days. I have not actually tried
memory cache for a while, but not because it wasn't working as expected
or effective, it's mainly because i'm not managing those services on
networks large enough for caching to bring real beneficts.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br