[squid-users] Squid caching webpages now days?

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Sun Aug 1 18:50:09 UTC 2021

Em 31/07/2021 22:48, Periko Support escreveu:
> Hello guys.
>
> With today's ISP's speed increasing, does squid cache (caching web
> pages) now days is a good option?
>
> I have some customers that want to setup a cache server, but I have
> doubts about how much traffic will be save, with most of the web sites
> running under https.
>
> I use squid+sg acl features.
>
> But for me, caching  is not a bandwidth saving tool anymore.

     Of course, my experience is just MY experience and others might be
completly different ones :) Speaking for myself, and for some small to
medium sized customer networks I manage, caching is disabled for more
than a decade now. Squid is still VERY useful for applying controls and
loggings, but not caching.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues