[squid-users] All Adaptation ICAPs go down at the same time

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Apr 12 14:02:18 UTC 2021

On 4/12/21 5:53 AM, roie rachamim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our setup includes squid that runs in docker container with several ICAP
> servers in additional containers.
>
> From time to time we see in cache.log the following messages:
> 2021/04/12 00:22:39| optional ICAP service is down after an options
> fetch failure: icap://icap1.proxy:14590/censor [down,!opt]

> We're trying to understand why it happens to all ICAPs at once. This
> happens in 4.14 and in 5.0.4
>
> Any thoughts about what might cause this ?

I can imagine several causes, but I would recommend to find out the
exact reason by enabling debugging (preferably shortly before the next
OPTIONS request) and sharing your (compressed) cache.log with somebody
who can interpret it for you (or this mailing list).

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Debugging_a_single_transaction

HTH,