[squid-users] Is there a way to bind squid's outbound traffice to a specific network interface

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Apr 12 09:09:08 UTC 2021

On 11.04.21 17:58, Cary Lewis wrote:
>I want to be able to bypass a vpn while using a web browser, so I need to
>be able to configure squid to always use a specific outbound interface.

FYI, squid can not decide which interface to use - OS kernel (or, more
precisely, IP stack) does that.

squid can use source IP address and the system can be configured to send
packets from that address via partitular interface.

Thus, in addition to configuring squid's otgoing IP address, you must
configure OS routing table to take source IP Address into account
- normally only destination IP is considered.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !