[squid-users] Help Request: How to deal with Basic Authentication

Wind Lee zingfrontlzf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 05:22:14 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a http(s) proxy with Basic Authentication, for now
it works fine without auth, but as long as I add those auth part, it
keeps rejecting auth request from client side, such as keeps requesting
username and password on google chrome.

I've checked the /usr/lib64/squid/basic_ncsa_auth /PATH/TO/PASSWD_FILE
in console, and it returns OK when I type correct username/password.

Distribution is CentOS 7, squid version is 4.9

I really don't know what to do next, here's the configuration:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/SXf6tN8cCg/

Thanks.

Wind Lee.